Welcome to the

Welcome to my forums, full of great ideas.
Please register if you'd like to take part.

Support

GangWarsRP has seen ups and down throughout the past years, but a new beginning is starting to see the light of day. With an expanded team, GangWars will now face a new tomorrow, with a bright future ahead.

Join us!

GangWarsRP offers easy communication to it's playerbase! If you seek assistance, or simply wants to communicate with your fellow administrators, or players. Visit our two other forums for quick chatting. 

King Midas gwrp.gg

Revert the xp for level 75-99

Revert the xp for level 75-99  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Put the xp rates back to normal

• Leave the xp as it is and spend the next week sat staring at a printer pressing E just to get to level 90.
    • Put xp rates back to normal and have some epic gang fights by sunday.

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with me when I say the new update is brilliant accept for the new xp rates.  The xp rates are far too low for levels 75-99 as it's taking 3.5-4 hours to level with 12 forges, 12 printers, 4 launderers all overclocked to 250mhz.  I want to get to 99 and start using new weapons and armour so I can get into some crazy gang fights, instead I'm forced to sit locked inside my base for 18 out of 24 hours of the day for at least the next week.  I don't know about other people but I have a job and I have to work so that'll be 2 weeks, not 1.  I've read a lot of people say they're considering quitting the game cause it's too tedious now and I can second that.  I fully understand that you want the game to last longer but why not leave the xp normal, set the cap on level to 99 for at least a week or 2 to let everyone catch up, then raise it again.  Not make it so that it takes people who play the game for only a couple hours a day a whole month to hit 99.

Edited by King Midas gwrp.gg

I would like an XP buff which is why I voted yes, I wouldn't say exactly the way it was before.
But playing 16hours a day to gain 3 levels is a little over the top ( yes i know beta was like that bla bla bla) this isnt beta.

Not everyone has time to play so much a day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Unoriginal gwrp.gg said:

But playing 16hours a day to gain 3 levels is a little over the top ( yes i know beta was like that bla bla bla) this isnt beta.

Not everyone has time to play so much a day.

What 16 hours, what 3 levels?

spacer.png

I don't like going against people, but what I see is a circle jerk of exaggerated statements on top of more exaggerated statements, quoted from things heard from other exaggerations.

I been leveling for about 16 hours with low effort and not much focus on getting the most xp possible, I have gained almost 8 levels. I'm lvl 82, 73%.
I'm also robot, I don't have human's op XP boost skill.

I'm sure I could hit 85 in 24 hours, with my low effort way of leveling, if I tried hard enough.
Now if there was a human with nice printing rings and xp rings, who doesn't let printers and forges get full, they could probably hit lvl near lvl 90 in first 24h.

When level cap was 75, all you people were compalining how you are bored of being max lvl, how there is nothing to do, how leveling is too easy. Now you complaining again, but the other way around...

I do agree that the changes made to the leveling (and other core parts of the game) have seem'd a way too impulsive, not trought out, random, huge, frustrating.

2 hours ago, Repe said:

What 16 hours, what 3 levels?

spacer.png

I don't like going against people, but what I see is a circle jerk of exaggerated statements on top of more exaggerated statements, quoted from things heard from other exaggerations.

I been leveling for about 16 hours with low effort and not much focus on getting the most xp possible, I have gained almost 8 levels. I'm lvl 82, 73%.
I'm also robot, I don't have human's op XP boost skill.

I'm sure I could hit 85 in 24 hours, with my low effort way of leveling, if I tried hard enough.
Now if there was a human with nice printing rings and xp rings, who doesn't let printers and forges get full, they could probably hit lvl near lvl 90 in first 24h.

When level cap was 75, all you people were compalining how you are bored of being max lvl, how there is nothing to do, how leveling is too easy. Now you complaining again, but the other way around...

I do agree that the changes made to the leveling (and other core parts of the game) have seem'd a way too impulsive, not trought out, random, huge, frustrating.

Well I'm speaking from my experience, I am not lying, you've seen me on (we're on the same server), i've been on for prob more than 16hours from yesterday's update with today, with 12/12 prints forges all 250hz, launderes rebel job, and pretty much max xp rings.
The only difference (sadly 😞 ) we have between me and you is im not in a max upgrades gang, and I just leveld 4 levels in OVER 16 hours, I'm not trying to lie, and I said I don't want things like they were before, but maybe a slight buff would fit for people who cannot play this time of time a day, me personally I don't mind it staying like this too.

The reason I voted yes is because I realize not everyone can put so much effert into basing so long a day.

Midas, we're always listening to the community and trying to improve even if sometimes it may not seem like it from the outside. Would either of these middle grounds be something that you'd find reasonable? A. Revert ring changes to their previous state. B. Nerf the XP requirement between levels (not back down to original amounts but a nerf nonetheless). I'd like to hear more information on how you'd like the system to be changed.

• Haha 2

You ask for increased rates to level to 99 so you can fight, what is stopping you from doing that now? Pop a base down, take 6 of your gang members and go fight. Leave 1 or 2 in base to make sure shit doesn't explode OR take advantage of having a nice little icon on the side of your screen that tells you when your cooler is gonna explode and make trips back to base every so often. Why can you not fight now? You already have resources to fight, but you are making the choice not to. There's other things you can do instead of sit in base and stare at prints, you have options and you are not choosing them.

You are not going to fall behind because you chose to fight, you are not going to get your shit kicked in constantly because someone got an AR57 before you, you are severely overestimating how important a level is.

Need BPs for upgrades? Item teleporters exist. Need a higher tier armor because someone else has it? You're a competent player and know how to shoot people  better than others. I know you are very able to win fights even if someone is using a tier of gear higher than you. Not to mention you're in a gang that are good at shooting people too, so 1 person in a rival's gang is a higher level? Well it shouldn't matter if he got rekt by 4 shotguns focusing him first. 

TL;DR If you don't want to sit in base printing all day then don't. Go fight, if nobody contests your caps, go raid you're gonna win anyways. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, ƬƘ Ƭуяαηт said:

You ask for increased rates to level to 99 so you can fight, what is stopping you from doing that now? Pop a base down, take 6 of your gang members and go fight. Leave 1 or 2 in base to make sure shit doesn't explode OR take advantage of having a nice little icon on the side of your screen that tells you when your cooler is gonna explode and make trips back to base every so often. Why can you not fight now? You already have resources to fight, but you are making the choice not to. There's other things you can do instead of sit in base and stare at prints, you have options and you are not choosing them.

You are not going to fall behind because you chose to fight, you are not going to get your shit kicked in constantly because someone got an AR57 before you, you are severely overestimating how important a level is.

Need BPs for upgrades? Item teleporters exist. Need a higher tier armor because someone else has it? You're a competent player and know how to shoot people  better than others. I know you are very able to win fights even if someone is using a tier of gear higher than you. Not to mention you're in a gang that are good at shooting people too, so 1 person in a rival's gang is a higher level? Well it shouldn't matter if he got rekt by 4 shotguns focusing him first. 

TL;DR If you don't want to sit in base printing all day then don't. Go fight, if nobody contests your caps, go raid you're gonna win anyways. 

The issue is that we aren't seeing any progression. No amount of convincing you can do will make us change our mind that this is mindless, boring, mindnumbingly unfun. I've literally never had less fun in gangwars, ever, than right now. This feels like tier 199 to tier 200. Nobody enjoys this xp rate. Why dont we just take a vote in discord? People are literally quitting over this. You don't seem to understand that gangs have to hop servers to fight, because no 2 competitive gangs are going to be on the same server right now. So, should we hop, lose all of our printers, and fight?? Just in the end to lose xp, and get behind? Also, do not forget, every gang that loses multiple fights, hops servers. Then what? We hop again? Just to lose printers again?

Edited by ็็gwrp.gg

1 hour ago, ƬƘ Ƭуяαηт said:

Ah yes, the problem here is that all the big gangs are on different servers and its not like you can just hop servers and drop 12 prints, forges, infuse them all, overclock them all then go fight right?

The fact that everyone is complaining about the xp and the only people saying "Yeah great job guys!" are the people who are not even close to 75. It seems that most of the admins are out of touch with the gamemode and honetly are a bit clueless.

• Like 1

If leveling is this slow for people who have every means to quickly level, the people without xp talisman, or printer/forge expansions, or friends to max them, or 250mhz overclockers, or banker job, or gang xp upgrade, or xp rings with upgrades, are going to be absolutely fucked, if they doubly have a job or other thing that they need to do during the day there's no chance they'll stick around for tiers, which if things remain the way they are, no one will bother leveling tiers

4 hours ago, HOUSEMASTER said:

If leveling is this slow for people who have every means to quickly level, the people without xp talisman, or printer/forge expansions, or friends to max them, or 250mhz overclockers, or banker job, or gang xp upgrade, or xp rings with upgrades, are going to be absolutely fucked, if they doubly have a job or other thing that they need to do during the day there's no chance they'll stick around for tiers, which if things remain the way they are, no one will bother leveling tiers

Dude I can't even imagine people without 250hz. It's already taking us 3+ hours to level with 2 max rings, tali, 12/12, max launderers, etc. I feel like when the people leveling slowly see the XP at 75 they'll just quit. Lvl caps were 1000x better than this.

I know at least five people that have quit already and many others that are planning on it if this doesn't get fixed... The level caps were for people to catch up, not to randomly switch XP in every which way when you up that cap again for people to catch up.  You should really consider reverting XP rings fully and or tweaking XP gained.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:31 PM, ƬƘ Ƭуяαηт said:

uhhm, I've already gave my shit away, I suppose I could come back but I'm not sitting there forever trying to level, I'd rather not.  You say make a base and go fight, xp decreases with each stack on a printer, you only get the same amount of xp from gang printing as you do from the first produce of it, and it already takes 4 hours to level, so relatively to that, you'd be spending 8+ hours trying to level if you were out fighting constantly at the same time, not to mention, if someone raided you, and you lost 12 prints and forges with 250mhz, even if I didn't quit, I would've quit there and then.  The time it takes to set up all them prints and stuff is long enough, if you have to lose an hours farming time because of it, you could potentially be spending another 2 hours trying to compensate for it.  I love gangwars, always have, but I don't love it enough to want to spend my entire life on it just to progress to 99...  imagine what tier 200 is going to be like....  The thing woox has done here has ruined the game for me, everything else has been fine but this is just ridiculous, it's like he's looked at the players and just gone "hmm a few of these are on all day, I know, I'll make it take them weeks to hit 99 instead of just 1 weekend", but the truth is there's a lot of people who genuinely don't have that much time on their hands and have to work through the week.  These people are going to play all weekend, come off through the week cause of work, then come back the next weekend to see people at 99 and they're not even able to hit it in the second weekend playing.  They've made it way too unfair on anyone that works or anyone that actually has anything else to do in their lives.  It's not like grinding to hit 99 wasn't a chore in itself already but to make it like trying to build a house out of paper and sellotape is beyond me and I'll never understand the thought process that's gone into it... Until woox reverts it I probably won't come back, but the fact I've already stopped playing and people will be so far ahead of what I could get to now just puts me off coming back anyway.  You guys enjoy wasting your time on this mind numbing grinding that they've put in front of you and I'll get on with my life, peace.

I come back from a short vacation (2 days) and see numerous level 90s, lot of level 85+'s. 
2 days for someone to jump from 75 to 85.. seems a bit higher than we anticipated people to be. Seems this is rather an issue relating to a lot of people not wanting to spend a few hours leveling a day, on a gamemode that is already grindy.. because they're used to the unofficial servers they've been on for the past 5 years that have inflated and broken XP gain.

Either way; I have one question:

So let's say this, we let you guys get to tier 50 in one week of playing. Then what happens? What will you guys do for the rest of your gametime since you haven't given head-room for developers to actually implement new content? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Woox said:

I come back from a short vacation (2 days) and see numerous level 90s, lot of level 85+'s. 
2 days for someone to jump from 75 to 85.. seems a bit higher than we anticipated people to be. Seems this is rather an issue relating to a lot of people not wanting to spend a few hours leveling a day, on a gamemode that is already grindy.. because they're used to the unofficial servers they've been on for the past 5 years that have inflated and broken XP gain.

So let's say this, we let you guys get to tier 50 in one week of playing. Then what happens? What will you guys do for the rest of your gametime since you haven't given head-room for developers to actually implement new content? 

longer leveling devalues the players time, especially those who can't play 120 hours a week, and the only viable method of leveling at the moment is absolutely the least engaging and boring way of going about it, no one wants to spend 21 hours pressing e on a thing, probably stationary, watching tv shows or movies to pass the time because the ONLY WAY OF LEVELING IS INHERENTLY BORING, IT IS BORING AND HAS NEVER BEEN FUN, MAKING IT TAKE LONGER WONT MAKE IT ANY MORE ENGAGING, WONT MAKE IT ANY MORE FUN. If leveling time is going to stay the way it is there NEEDS to be different ways of leveling up, drug farming doesnt give nearly enough xp to be viable, banking gives dogshit xp, i've only seen one or two hackers over the past week, terrorist as a way of leveling is unsustainable and not nearly rewarding enough, cops dont get enough xp, there is only one way of getting levels, sitting in a building for 21 hours straight pressing e on printers, and 21 hours of 250mhz xp ring banker 12 print 12 forge 12 launderer gang xp booster xp talisman farming nets you 7 levels, how would you expect people not as fortunate or dedicated to progress at a healthy pace? If you double the time it'd take to level, you could measure the depth of the impression printers make into the eyes of the players using a fucking yardstick, it's not fun and has never been fun. There needs to be a new entity with some sort of fuckin minigame, give us quest minigames like the sliding puzzle or the nanobot thing in the form of a spawnable machine which gives us xp, make the repeating quests (mass murder, drug running, golem, undead hotel, spider attack) give more xp, give us damage based xp, anything, anything but printing, all of us veteran players have already done thousands of hours of printing, infusing, overclocking, we've all done it before, we've done it so so much already. when you spend 2 days vacationing and wonder how people have leveled 10-15 times during that time you need to recognize they spent 21 out of the 24 hours of those days doing the most mind numbing boring shit until they literally cant even keep their eyes open, there are people without xp upgrades and shit who have done the exact same stuff and probably only leveled 5-6 times over those two days

the worst part of the game shouldn't take the longest time

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Woox said:

Hi Woox,

Let me start by mentioning that I played the old original gangwars (albeit I was much younger) and I enjoyed and still do enjoy the gamemode. But speaking as someone who works an 8-5 on week days, I'm lucky to get 4 hours in a day. There are people on here that sit and farm for 10+ hours a day, which is their choice and I feel if they're willing to give that much of their time up then they should reap the rewards. Me on the other hand, am lucky to get 1 level in four hours. It took me two consecutive days of my playtime around (6 hours) to get from 75-76. This was using 6 VIP printers, 6 VIP forges and 6 launderers with 250Mhz overclockers. It almost seems like an assumption is made that everyone has access to 12 of each and the best forms of xp gain, even then I've heard it still feels like a slog.

To put this into perspective for you World of Warcraft the latest expansion took the average player 15-20 hours to go from the previous max level to the new max level (110-120). Sure these guys have much more developers and content than gangwars but most people don't care about the content after they've levelled anyway, everyones focus is on getting the best gear and weapons after max level. This is the exact same as gang wars, people get the level required and then farm for best gear and then battle it out when they feel ready.

Now with those no-lifers reaching max level having access to the best gear before everyone else, puts those who don't have as much time to dedicate at a severe disadvantage in a PVP gamemode. Why? Because these no-lifers will want to boost their egos and raid anyone they care to, guess who this affects the poor guys with not as much time which have the gear in the bracket below. Now you can say "raiding is apart of the gamemode get over it", and I agree with you but when levelling takes so long and every time I put new printers down after being raided the same shit will just happen again and I'm constantly kicking the stick. With levelling not as much of a slog this doesn't bother me as much because it has a much lesser impact on my ability to level (especially if they've stolen my prints/forges, leaving me now with six).

There are plenty of things to bide peoples time to wait for updates, we aren't asking for a whole new aspect to be implemented into the game every two weeks, we enjoy the small things. Like when the server comes together to pickpocket the server AFK clown who has 100m and he loses over 20m. Helping low levels out, battling to reach the end of parkour first, mech area, grinding for upgrades, doing quests, playing different professions, some of us even enjoy roleplaying AnkTech cops or even just chatting shit to people you meet in your adventures around uptown/downtown.

You're worried about the wrong things. 

The player base is telling you it is struggling and it is too much for them and many of them have left as it is. Please take your communities feedback on board and action it because otherwise you won't have much of a community to develop things for. If you need inspiration please go and read about the OldSchool Runescapes development team, nearly every major update is VOTED on by the player base and only actioned when a certain percentage of players votes for it.

A suggestion I have is to revert xp rates until the next gear tier level (is it 95?) then you can make it more difficult so those who wish to no life and gain that extra advantage over those with just the "new gear" can do so. At least it gives players like myself a fighting chance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicknmb | gwrp.gg said:

Needed to be nerfed, it isnt all that bad... I got from 77-85 in a night.... much over reacting I think.

it is quite literally impossible, even on 12/12 with 12 launderers, that you got 77-85 in "a night" Even with 250hz, human XP ability, max rings, 12/12/12, I went from 77-80 in 12 hours. There is quite literally no way you went from 77-85 in a night. Stop bullshitting. 

This hurts the casual players the most. The people that cant grind 16h a day. The people that have jobs. For them, leveling will easily take a month. At least. While everyone else that has no life, will be grinding tiers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nicknmb | gwrp.gg said:

I was 77 and now im 97% 85 not really bullshitting I was on all day lmao

You were probably on for about 18 hours, you're just being a retard trying to make it look like it's easy when you know for a fact it's not.  The point people are making is, most people don't have 18 hours like you...

8 hours ago, Woox said:

@Woox these "2 days" you're talking about, do you even understand how long these people have been on the servers?   I bet every single one of them that's hit 90 has been on at least 20/24 hours in the day getting minimal sleep and just constantly farming, anyone who tries to say that's not true is chatting pure and utter shit.  Animosity was on the server from when it got updated at around 12pm I believe, I came off at about 4pm, then came back at around 4am and stayed till 10am before quitting and they were still there and had only just scratched onto level 83.  That's 7-8 levels in over 20 hours of constant farming...  For you to bring up other versions, on the old gangwars, 2.0, I hit level 99 within the first two weeks of 2.0 starting up and so did most other people so where are you getting this idea that xp needs to be harder? 

That's not what needs to happen at all, the level cap was a nice idea to let people catch up but to completely stump people is just madness, I don't really know what else to tell you, your community has asked for help, the no lifers have tried to say it's easy when they're spending their entire day on the server and everyone has issues with it but you clearly don't want to listen to us so I'm staying off the servers until further notice, I know that a few others have already quit and the trouble with it now is, If I were to come back, everyone will be so far ahead of me due to having to no life the shit out of the game that it won't even be worth playing anymore as I'll be at that much of a disadvantage.  I may come back in the future, I might not.

I'm not trying to say what you're doing is the worst idea in the world, cause it's not, but players don't need to be shunted back, they need to just be held at a spot so others can catch up, if everyone got to level 99 easier but you capped it at 99 for like 2 weeks, that would've been brilliant because there's time for new players to catch up, people can farm and fight without having to worry about spending the next 123512412351234123123 hours trying to gain a level.